Please take a moment to review the restrictions and waivers required for activities with Banff Trail Riders.
- Guests participating in the trail horseback rides need to be 8 years or over, and guests participating in backcountry rides need to be 9 years or over.
- All horseback rides have a maximum weight of 250lbs.
- Banff Trail Riders is committed to the health of our horses and the safety of our guests, which means that the minimum age and maximum weight requirements are strictly enforced. As part of the check-in process, guests may be required to confirm their current weight on a scale and provide proof of the child’s age. In the event that these requirements are not met, the booking will be forfeited without a refund.
- Please note that children will not be paired with an adult – they must ride their own horse.
- For our foreign visitors we require an understanding of basic English for our horseback rides, so that you can understand simple instructions from our guides.
- Children aged 15 years and under must have someone 18 years and older with them.
- For safety purposes helmets are mandatory to be worn by all riders on a trail ride, and all backcountry riders aged under 18 years of age. Helmets are optional but recommended for backcountry riders aged 18 years and over.
- Riders must wear closed toed shoes – no open toe shoes or shoes with big heels.
- Adults must sign a waiver for all activities, and a waiver must also be completed by the parent or guardian of any person under the age of 18.