Please take a moment to review the restrictions and waivers required for activities with Banff Trail Riders.
- Guests participating in the trail horseback rides need to be 8 years or over, and guests participating in backcountry rides need to be 9 years or over.
- All horseback rides have a maximum weight of 250lbs.
- Please note that children will not be paired with an adult – they must ride their own horse.
- For our foreign visitors we require an understanding of basic English for our horseback rides, so that you can understand simple instructions from our guides.
- Children aged 15 years and under must have someone 18 years and older with them.
- For safety purposes helmets are mandatory to be worn by all riders on a trail ride, and all backcountry riders aged under 18 years of age. Helmets are optional but recommended for backcountry riders aged 18 years and over.
- Riders must wear closed toed shoes – no open toe shoes or shoes with big heels.
- Adults must sign a waiver for all activities, and a waiver must also be completed by the parent or guardian of any person under the age of 18.