Combo Package; chill with an ice walk into Grotto Canyon and then cuddle up on a snowy sleigh ride.
Included: Grotto Canyon Icewalk (8:30am – 12:30pm)
Hike along a frozen creek bed on a small-group tour through a narrow canyon, past unusual rock formations and spectacular icefalls. This is a unique experience to walk directly on the ice, and walking on the creek bed floor gives you a unique view of the canyon. Includes Banff hotel pickup, hot chocolate to warm you up, maple cookies.
Included: Sleigh Ride (various times available)
Take a 40 minute sleigh ride with family and friends through Banff’s mountain meadows as you enjoy the spectacular views and keep your eyes peeled for elk and deer. Your memorable excursion includes a friendly guide and a fireside warmup stop after the ride where you can toast a marshmallow and enjoy a warm drink back at the stables (weather and snow conditions permitting).
The best parts of the Grotto Canyon Icewalk Tour for most people include the following:
A stunted forest
The best parts of the Sleigh Ride for most people include the following:
Sleigh ride through the mountain meadows
Hot apple cider and roast marshmallows
You’ll be provided with ice cleats that will be attached to your boots that will prevent you from slipping on the ice. There are also hiking poles for extra stability if you would like to use them.
To ensure that you enjoy the tour, please wear/bring:
- Thermals/base layers/long johns.
- Snow pants are recommended for this tour and are mandatory if it is below -16C (3F). Otherwise on warmer days, jeans/regular pants over long johns are okay. Snow pants can be rented from stores in Banff such as Snowtips-Bactrax.
- A warm sweater.
- A warm jacket. Ski jackets can be rented from stores in Banff such as Snowtips-Bactrax.
- A hat and mitts.
- A neck warmer or scarf.
- Sturdy warm shoes, ideally winter boots or hiking boots. They do not have to be waterproof, but they must be warm. No heels, ugg boots, flip flops or sandals. If you do not have warm shoes, please contact our Reservations Team and we will check our stock levels or recommend a rental store such as Snowtips-Bactrax.
- A water bottle.
Please note that safety is our first priority. If the guide thinks your attire or footwear isn’t appropriate and compromises your safety on the tour, you may not be able to participate.
- The minimum age for this package is 8 years.
- All minors under 18 years old must have a parent or legal guardian with them.
- All adults must sign a waiver prior to the tours. A waiver must also be completed by the parent or legal guardian of any child under the age of 18 (documentation may be required to confirm the signatory’s authority).
- Please note that the Grotto Canyon Icewalk tour requires a minimum of 4 participants, please call the day prior to confirm the tour.