Combo Package; saddle up for a riverside ride, ride an open-air chairlift to 7,000′ and soak in mineral hot springs.
Included: 1 Hour Bow River Horseback Ride
Take Banff’s most popular horseback ride along the tranquil Bow River and past the historic Cave and Basin, the birthplace of Banff National Park where craggy rock walls surround pools of bubbling thermal water.
Included: Banff Sightseeing Chairlift
Take an 8-minute open-air chairlift ride over a natural bear habitat up to 7,000 feet at Mt Norquay with breathtaking views of Banff and the Bow Valley. At the top, relax over a meal at the Cliffhouse Bistro or stroll along the interpretive walkway to fully enjoy the views while keeping your eyes out for bighorn sheep.
Included: Banff Upper Hot Springs
Soak in the soothing, thermal waters at Canada’s highest operating hot springs where travellers have come to “take the waters” for more than a century, while looking out at famous Mt Rundle.
Activities in this package can be taken on the same day or on different days.
The best parts of the Bow River Ride for most people include the following:
Cave & Basin Hot Springs
The best parts of the Banff Sightseeing Chairlift for most people include the following:
Ride to 7,000 feet at Mount Norquay
Mountain top dining and facilities
The best parts of the Banff Upper Hot Springs for most people include the following:
Highest operating hot spring in Canada
Amenities and views
Free Shuttle Bus Schedule (Valid from June 14th, 2019)
|Juniper Hotel (to Banff)||08:42||09:42||10:42||11:42||12:42||13:42||14:42||15:42||16:42||17:42||18:27||19:27|
|Train Station Info Centre||07:55||08:50||09:50||10:50||11:50||12:50||13:50||14:50||15:50||16:50||17:50||18:35||19:35|
|Banff Avenue – South Bound – At Elk St||07:57||08:52||09:52||10:52||11:52||12:52||13:52||14:52||15:52||16:52||17:52|
|Banff Park Lodge (Opposite)||08:00||08:55||09:55||10:55||11:55||12:55||13:55||14:55||15:55||16:55||17:55|
|ARRIVES AT NORQUAY||08:10||09:10||10:10||11:10||12:10||13:10||14:10||15:10||16:10||17:10||18:10|
|RETURN TO BANFF||09:35||10:35||11:35||12:35||13:35||14:35||15:35||16:35||17:20||18:20||19:20||20:20|
Stoney Squaw Mountain
Distance: 4.2 km return
Elevation Gain: 190m
Time Required: 2 hours
Hike through a beautiful lodgepole pine and spruce tree forest for a unique view of Cascade Mountain, and peaks of the Fairholme Range. During the ascent, hikers will enjoy unique views of Banff, Vermilion Lakes and surrounding mountain ranges. This trail is also popular for mountain biking.
Distance: 15.4 km return
Elevation Gain: 640m
Time Required: 4-6 hours
The hike begins at the Mt. Norquay ski area, crosses a bridge over Forty Mile Creek, and then zigzags its way through the dense forest to Cascade Amphitheatre. As you emerge into the amphitheatre, impressively enclosed by limestone cliffs, keep your eyes out for wildflowers.
- Activities in this package can be taken on the same day or on different days.
- Guests participating in horseback riding will need to be 8 years or over and a maximum of 250lbs. Banff Trail Riders is committed to the health of our horses and the safety of our guests, which means that the minimum age and maximum weight requirements are strictly enforced. As part of the check-in process, guests may be required to confirm their current weight on a scale and provide proof of the child’s age. In the event that these requirements are not met, the booking will be forfeited without a refund.
- Please note that children will not be paired with an adult – they must ride their own horse.
- For our foreign visitors we require an understanding of basic English for our horseback rides, so that you can understand simple instructions from our guides.
- Children aged 15 years and under must have someone 18 years and older with them.
- For safety purposes helmets are mandatory to be worn by all riders.
- Riders must wear sturdy closed toed shoes – no open toe shoes or shoes with big heels.
- All adult riders must sign a waiver prior to the horseback ride. A waiver must also be completed by the parent or legal guardian of any rider under the age of 18 (documentation may be required to confirm the signatory’s authority).
- Riders must be physically capable of controlling the horse during the ride without assistance and for the health and safety of all riders we regrettably cannot accommodate any disabilities or special needs riders. We recognize that disabled riding is a unique and respected skill set that we at the barns do not have the appropriate equipment or skills to safely execute.
- Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult on the chairlift.
- No infants under the age of 2 can ride the chairlift for safety reasons.
- The maximum combined weight is 226kg (500lbs) per chair.