Combo Package; saddle up for a riverside ride and then soar to the summit of Sulphur Mountain on the Banff Gondola.
Included: 1 Hour Bow River Horseback Ride (various times available)
Take a guided horseback ride along the tranquil Bow River and past the historic Cave and Basin, the birthplace of Banff National Park where craggy rock walls surround pools of bubbling thermal water. It’s our most popular horseback ride!
Included: Banff Sightseeing Gondola (various times available)
Sit back and relax in a four passenger, modern glass enclosed gondola as you ride to the top of Sulphur Mountain in Banff. You’ll marvel at the unsurpassed view of Banff, the Bow Valley and a 360 degree view of six scenic mountain ranges from 2,281 metres (7,486 feet) above sea level from the observation deck.
Activities in this package can be taken on the same day or on different days.
The best parts of the Bow River Horseback Ride for most people include the following:
Cave & Basin Hot Springs
The best parts of the Banff Gondola for most people include the following:
Ride to the summit of Sulphur Mountain
Mountain top dining and facilities
Alternatively guests can catch the Roam Transit bus ($2 each way) or a taxi.
Several scenic hiking trails lead away from the summit complex. One of the most popular is the self-guided interpretive Sulphur Mountain Boardwalk to Sanson’s Peak on which you can follow in the footsteps of Norman Sanson, who walked to the top of the mountain about every week for 30 years to check the weather.
- Activities in this package can be taken on the same day or on different days.
- The minimum age for this package is 8 years. Children aged 17 and under must be accompanied on the ride by a legal guardian.
- The maximum weight per person is 230lbs / 104kg, fully dressed (your weight may need to be verified on our scales).
- Riders must check in at least 30 minutes prior to departure.
- Riders must wear fully enclosed shoes (no heels).
- Each rider must be able to speak and understand fluent English.
- Riders must be in good physical condition.
- Helmets are mandatory and to be worn by all riders.
- All adults must sign a waiver prior to the ride. A waiver must also be completed by the legal guardian of any child under the age of 18.
- Photo ID may be required for identity verification.
- Reservations are required to guarantee your timeslot for the Banff Gondola. Please show the bar-code voucher for entry, for the specified time reserved.
- COVID-19: Guests should not attend our tour if showing any signs or symptoms of illness.
- COVID-19: Guests must wear a non-surgical face covering when checking in for their activity.
Refunds are not issued if guests are disqualified from participating due to not meeting these requirements.