Combo Package; cuddle up on a sleigh ride, soak in the mineral hot springs and soar to a mountain summit.
Included: Sleigh Ride (various times available)
Ride through Banff’s mountain meadows, western style! Snuggle down under warm wool blankets and enjoy spectacular views of the valley and surrounding mountains on 40-minute quintessential winter experience. Afterwards, warmup by the fireside where you can toast a marshmallow and enjoy a warm drink back at the stables (weather and snow conditions permitting). Sleigh rides depart from Warner Stables, a short walk or drive from downtown Banff.
Included: Banff Upper Hot Springs (open ticket)
Soak in the steamy hot mineral water at Canada’s highest operating hot spring at 1,585 metres (5,200 feet) as you gaze out at the jagged edges of Mt Rundle. Travelers have coming to ‘take to the waters’ in these soothing, thermal hot springs for more than a century. The Banff Upper Hot Springs are located a short drive from downtown Banff.
Included: Banff Gondola (various times available)
Ride up in a glass enclosed gondola up to 2,281m (7,486ft) above sea level for an unsurpassed view of Banff, the Bow Valley and a 360 degree view of six scenic mountain ranges. You will feel like you’re on top of the world when you are standing on the spacious main level observation deck.
The best parts of the Banff sleigh ride for most people include the following:
Sleigh ride through the mountain meadows
Hot apple cider and roast marshmallows
The best parts of the Banff Upper Hot Springs for most people include the following:
Highest operating hot spring in Canada
Amenities and views
The best parts of the Banff Gondola for most people are:
Ride to the summit of Sulphur Mountain
Mountain top dining and facilities
Alternatively a free shuttle bus runs in the summer from downtown Banff, or guests can catch the Roam Transit bus.
Several scenic hiking trails lead away from the summit complex. One of the most popular is the self-guided interpretive Sulphur Mountain Boardwalk to Sanson’s Peak on which you can follow in the footsteps of Norman Sanson, who walked to the top of the mountain about every week for 30 years to check the weather.
- There are no age restrictions for the sleigh ride and children 3 years and under are free. However, children 3 years and under are not guaranteed a seat (they may have to sit on your lap).
- Sleigh rides are weather dependent, and may not operate in certain conditions (eg: -35C).
- Children aged 15 years and under must have someone 18 years and older with them on the sleigh ride.
- All adults must sign a waiver prior to the sleigh ride. A waiver must also be completed by the parent or legal guardian of any child under the age of 18 (documentation may be required to confirm the signatory’s authority) for sleigh rides.
- Any minors under 18 years who are not accompanied by an adult must present a pre-signed waiver to go on the sleigh ride.
- Reservations are required to guarantee your timeslot for the Banff Gondola. Please show the bar-code voucher for entry, for the specified time reserved.