Combo Package; cuddle up on a sleigh ride and soar to the top of Sulphur Mountain. Finish the day with a soak in the Banff Mineral Hot Springs.
Included: Sleigh Ride (various times available)
Ride through Banff’s mountain meadows, western style! Afterwards warmup by the fireside where you can enjoy a warm drink back at the stables (weather and snow conditions permitting). The sleigh rides take approximately 40 minutes including time by the campfire.
Included: Banff Gondola (various times available)
Ride up in a glass enclosed gondola up to 2,281m (7,486ft) above sea level for an unsurpassed view of Banff, the Bow Valley and a 360 degree view of six scenic mountain ranges. You will feel like you’re on top of the world when you are standing on the spacious main level observation deck.
Included: Banff Upper Hot Springs (open ticket)
Soak in the soothing, thermal hot springs where travellers have come to “take the waters” for more than a century while looking out at famous Mt Rundle. This is the highest operating hot springs in Canada!
Activities in this package can be taken on the same day or on different days.
The best parts of the Banff sleigh ride for most people include the following:
Sleigh ride through the mountain meadows
Hot drinks by the fire
The best parts of the Banff Gondola for most people are:
Ride to the summit of Sulphur Mountain
Mountain top dining and facilities
The best parts of the Banff Upper Hot Springs for most people include the following:
Highest operating hot spring in Canada
Amenities and views
Alternatively a free shuttle bus runs in the summer from downtown Banff, or guests can catch the Roam Transit bus.
Several scenic hiking trails lead away from the summit complex. One of the most popular is the self-guided interpretive Sulphur Mountain Boardwalk to Sanson’s Peak on which you can follow in the footsteps of Norman Sanson, who walked to the top of the mountain about every week for 30 years to check the weather.
- There are no age restrictions for the sleigh ride and children 3 years and under are free. However, children 3 years and under are not guaranteed a seat (they may have to sit on your lap).
- Sleigh rides are weather dependent, and may not operate in certain conditions (eg: -35C).
- All minors under 18 years old participating in a horse activity must have a parent or legal guardian on the ride with them.
- All adults must sign a waiver prior to the sleigh ride. A waiver must also be completed by the parent or legal guardian of any child under the age of 18 (documentation may be required to confirm the signatory’s authority) for sleigh rides.
- Reservations are required to guarantee your timeslot for the Banff Gondola. Please show the bar-code voucher for entry, for the specified time reserved.
- Photo ID may be required for identity verification.