Ride along the Bow River while watching for wildlife and enjoying the spectacular scenery. Halfway, you’ll arrive at 3 Mile Cabin to enjoy genuine western hospitality, western-style games and our BBQ menu including BBQ steak, baked potato, cowboy baked beans, salads, dessert and more!
This tour is recognized as a Canadian Signature Experience.
We’ve been helping travelers explore the wilderness on horseback since 1962.
It’s a tradition we’re proud of. It’s also why we provide travelers with six unique backcountry trips. Choose between our lodge or tent accommodation, from overnight to six days of adventure. Discover how comfortable a Banff Trail Riders’ vacation can be.
Banff Carriage Rides
Soak up the mountain scenery while relaxing in a private horse-drawn carriage, complete with a cowboy driver as your personal guide. If you’re planning on a sightseeing tour of Banff, there aren’t many more elegant ways to get around.
Snap photos of historic buildings on a tour of downtown, take in the beauty of the Bow River or journey out to Fairmont Banff Springs.
If you want to set your own agenda, just let us know – we can customize a carriage ride that visits the parts of Banff you’d most like to see.
- Choose between three separate tours in downtown Banff – 15 Min Banff, 30 Min Bow River or 1 Hour Fairmont Banff Springs
- Customise your tour and visit the parts of Banff you’d most like to see – a popular wedding option!
Combo packages – Banff’s Best Deals and Specials
Banff Trail Riders can create totally unique tour and activity adventures for your group, or event in Banff National Park, Canadian Rockies.
Banff Sleigh Rides, a true Banff classic.
There’s nothing quite like gliding over sparkling snow in a horse-drawn sleigh — especially when you’re surrounded by some of the most gorgeous mountains in the world.
Once you’re snuggled under wool blankets, our cowboy guide cracks the reins and your journey through the Canadian Rockies begins.
You’ll travel into the Bow River Valley where soaring pines stand in the shadow of sky-piercing peaks. And in this wilderness, the only sounds that disturb the silence are the clomping of hooves and the jingle of your horses’ harness.
It all makes for great ambience, whether you’re snuggling up with someone special or packing the whole family in for a ride.
- Take in views of Sulphur Mountain through the spectacular Bow River Valley
- See remote areas of Banff that are harder to reach on foot
- Choose between a group sleigh ride or a romantic sleigh ride for two
- Children three and under ride free
- Our horses are super friendly. Feel free to give them a pat or a good scratch on the cheek!
If you want to explore the backcountry in comfort, consider a multi-day lodge vacation.
You get to travel on horseback along a historic pack trail that winds through the craggy Sundance Range, venturing to places most Banff visitors never get to see.
And at the end of each vista-filled day, you can unwind at a comfortable backcountry lodge.
Lodge Vacations are perfect for:
- Those with at least basic horseback riding experience
- People who love the outdoors – but want to spend evenings in rustic comfort
- 1 – 5 nights, depending on the package
If you want a true wilderness adventure, have a look at our wilderness tenting trips.
These expeditions take you deep into the backcountry, where you’ll stay at well-equipped campsites featuring an on-site cook and other basic facilities.
That way you can experience Banff National Park like a pioneer – without having to “rough it.”
Wilderness tenting trips are perfect for:
- Riders who enjoy more technical terrain
- Travellers who want to connect with the outdoors
- Trips are for 2-5 nights, depending on the package
Banff Horseback Rides
If you want to go riding just for the day or a few hours, then check out our Trail Rides.
Trail rides are perfect for:
- Young children, families or anyone who wants to try horseback riding
- Travellers who would rather ride in a wagon than on horseback
- Want to combine an activity and meal break to make the most of their day