Working in the mountains with horses is a dream come true for many of us and we make many Banff visitors’ dreams come true as well.
We are a very active tourist business with several components that make up the overall company. Because of the diversity of the company, we are able to offer a great variety of products to our visitors, as well as a variety of job opportunities to people like you.
The outfitting business was one of the first tourist attractions in the Park and there were many outfitters in the early days. We are still guiding guests to remote mountain lakes, valleys and passes but also offering shorter rides, western cookouts, carriage rides and day excursions.
The Trail Rider Store is home to our office as well as the go-to retail place for western wear, gear, and souvenirs.
Is available, more details will be discussed during your interview.
Riding is one of the best ways to see Banff National Park. Living and working in Banff is a unique experience and a fun one. There are many things to experience and do on your days off. It’s always sad when the season has to end!
Below is a brief description of the employment positions available with Banff Trail Riders:
- Guiding: Guiding trail rides from 1 hour to 6 days in length and performing general barn duties and chores. Previous riding experience and horsemanship required.
- Packer: Packing supplies on mule to and from camp. Is responsible for all maintenance required at camp. Riding experience required. Seasonal position.
- Backcountry Cook: Living in camp, preparing and serving meals for up to 20 guests. Is responsible for maintenance/cleaning. Riding Experience required. Seasonal position.
- Steakfry Cook: Preparing and serving meals for the staff breakfast as well as Lunch and Evening Cookouts. Driver’s license required. Seasonal position.
- Carriage Drivers: Making many people’s dream come true with carriage tours through Banff and wedding services. Driving experience required. Seasonal position.
- Guest Reception Staff: Check in and book trail rides, help the foreman load and unload rides at the barn. Answer any questions Banff visitors may have about our services. Customer service experience required. Previous experience with computer reservation systems an asset. Seasonal position.
- Retail/Reservations Staff: Help many Banff visitors book trail rides and find the western wear for them. Customer service experience required. Previous experience with computer reservation systems an asset. There are seasonal and year-round positions available.
Western wear – All positions are required to dress in western shirts and cowboy boots. Guides, Carriage Drivers and Cooks are required to wear cowboy hats.
An interest in the western lifestyle and the ability to work well independently and as part of a team are essential. Ranch workers are required to do a lot of heavy lifting and must be physically fit. Applicants must be at least 18yrs of age and legal to work in Canada.
Applications for our summer 2018 season will be accepted starting January 2018. To apply, please email your application from January 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application should include:
- Cover letter outlining your experience pertaining to your chosen position
- Photo of yourself in western wear or riding